Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dreams

As I was filling out an application for a local triathlon team the other day, putting into words my goals for the year made me realize just how big my dreams are, and that scares me. A lot.

To be exact, a 4:45 for 70.3 and a 2:15-2:20 will put me in good contention for Worlds. EEK!! Impossible?

All the time that I need to drop. All the miles that need to be trained. All the sweat, tears, and blood that will be shed. All the pain that I will need to endure. Add even more pain, because that's how you become the best. All the sacrifices that will need to be made. They all scare the bejeezus out of me. 

It would be easier for me to back down and lower those goals, to give into the fear, but with this new year, I resolve to not back down. I will stare fear in the face until it fears me. I will give everything I have within my body, mind, and soul to achieve these goals, all while growing myself into the best human being I can be. Tough? Well, good. I like challenges. :)

They say:

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."

 I'm scared. Are you?


I dare you to make big resolutions this year and dream big.

No comments:

Post a Comment