Thursday, February 4, 2016

The One.

I usually have a nice long list of resolutions for the new year, and despite their good intentions, I only get maybe half of them done or get just a little better at some things instead of perfecting them. So to mix things up, I only have one resolution for 2016, but it's a big one.

I want to be a _____ _________. 

Why is it blank? Well, first because I'm nervous and scared. And second, I feel like it might not need to be said since my actions and choices this year should hopefully reveal the end goal. All I need is one resolution this year because in order to achieve it, everything else that I want to improve on has to fall in place too. Sleep more/better, eat cleaner, train harder, train smarter, recover better, read more, learn more, fight more, be more.

The list looks exactly the same as the last few years, so why do I expect the results to be different? Despite some improvements in all departments, I know I can level up my game tenfold. Last year had a rough start with injuries and accidents, but I finished strong at four championships to end the season and in those two months, I learned so much more about what it takes to be the best, and the fire in me burned even brighter.

Despite nursing an injury and a cold at the moment, I'm already off to a better start than 2015. My bike and run fitness are surprisingly high for this time of year, and my swim is slowly making a comeback. Instead of looking at competitors' times and thinking I'll never be that good, I'm telling myself you can do this. You can compete with the best of them. I have until September to get ready.

Someone told me the other night after asking me what my goals were this year, "I believe you can do it. I can see it in your eyes. You're going to be a force to reckon with. I can feel the energy right now radiating off of you. You're going to have a killer year." I've only met this person twice.

Can you feel it too? Something electrifying. All it took was just one big scary resolution.

I have my support group. I'm healthy and fit. Let's go make 2016 my bitch.

The best support group any aspiring athlete could hope for. Heck, anyone can ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment